Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Free ISP Upgrade!

I remembered to retest my internet connection today. You see, there is this neat website with some network tools, and they basically allow you to figure out if you need to tweak your network settings in order to get the most out of your internet connection. Here is the link:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

I ran the Tweak Test, and it told me that 10% of the packets I was downloading were being resent. Yikes! They suggested I download a small utility and use it to change one of my network settings so this problem gets fixed. I did, rebooted, re-ran the test, and I now have 0 packets being resent. Very nice.

I also ran the Speed Test and found that my internet connection was faster that I thought. For some reason, I assumed we had 768/128 because we basically just got the cheapest we could find. However, I got these results instead:

No comments: